Live Dealer Online Casino Guide
Live dealer online casinos give you the most authentic gambling experience possible without having to leave your home. These are real tables with real professional croupiers spinning the roulette wheel or dealing the cards for blackjack and baccarat. There is no random number generator involved and everything is streamed live to your desktop or mobile. Whether you want to play low stakes blackjack or high roller roulette games, you'll find them available and our live dealer online casino recommendations will help you find the right one.
The Best Live Dealer Games and How they Work
As mentioned above, live dealer online casino games are played against a real croupier as opposed to computer software programs. All the games are streamed to your device in HD quality and provide you with the traditional land-based gambling experience. You can chat and interact with the dealer and other players around the table. Below you'll find information on the different games available.
- Live Blackjack: Blackjack is one of the most popular real dealer games and has a low house edge of just 0.05% which is very appealing. You'll find basic tables as well as high and low limit options and VIP tables too. You should try to follow the basic blackjack strategy when playing for real money and make sure you know the rules if you want to get 21. Etiquette is important too. Do check the house rules as they can vary at different live dealer online casinos. Check if the dealer has to stand on 17, whether you can split a pair, etc. You can even try your luck on a low limit table by using one of the great bonus offers we have listed on our site.
- Live Roulette: Enjoy the thrill of watching the wheel spin and predicting where the ball will land in real-time. Most live dealer online casinos will offer several types of roulette tables including French and European roulette with a single zero and American roulette with a double zero. If you want to lower the house edge it is recommended to play single zero games. There are betting limits to suit all budgets as well as all the different betting options such as inside and outside bets, red or black, specific numbers, etc. You can even watch the croupier place your chips. Speed roulette is another choice that is often included and the expert dealers, multiple camera angles, and live chat options make it a wonderful experience. You can try it out with one of our amazing bonus offers.
- Live Baccarat: This card game is another popular choice and there are betting limits and tables to suit all players. In this game, you compete against the dealer and try to get the highest score. Cards have different values. 2-9 are face value, aces are 1, and the picture cards are either 10 or 0. You have to get a value of 6 or 7 to stand or draw another card. Live dealer online casinos offer several variations of this game including Baccarat Squeeze where the cards are face down on the table to create more tension as the dealer turns them over. Mini baccarat is also available as is 7 seater baccarat. Check out our baccarat bonus codes to play this game free.
- Live Poker: You'll find a large number of poker variants at live dealer online casinos including Casino Hold'em, 3 Card Poker, Caribbean Stud Poker, and Texas Hold'em. Some even offer progressive jackpots. Table limits can vary but the aim of the game is the same and that is to get the best poker hand possible. It is important to know the rules and if you want to get in some practice why not try one of our great poker bonus codes.
- Live Dream Catcher: This is a little different but it's fun and worth playing. It consists of a number wheel that is spun by the croupier and you bet on the number you think it will land on. It's similar to roulette in a way but you don't have all the different betting options. It is usually a low stakes game.
Live Dealers vs RNG's
When you play at a live dealer gambling site there is no software used. In standard table games available at online gambling sites, virtual games, a random number generator (RNG) is used. This is software and it uses mathematical equations to randomly produce the results. When you play at live casinos, there is no RNG. You are watching a real person deal the cards or spin the roulette wheel. All of this is done in real-time and you can see it with your own eyes.
The Leading Casino Software for Real Croupiers
There are a number of excellent software providers for real casino games and we have a brief overview of these below.
- NetEnt: Already a top choice for many online gamblers, NetEnt also has their own live casino with a tag line that states "Better Live Gaming". Players can enjoy a variety of blackjack, roulette, baccarat, and poker tables with betting limits to suit everyone. They also have the NetEnt Live Rewards program which offers unique bonus offers and promotions.
- Playtech: Offers an immersive experience and players have access to plenty of variations of their favorite table games including Speed roulette, Hi-Lo, Sic Bo, blackjack and more. All tables feature expert dealers, state of the art chat facilities, and everything is streamed from their custom-built casino studio in Riga. There are multiple camera angles, lots of rounds per hour, and betting limits to suit all customers.
- Evolution Gaming: This is the leading software provider when it comes to live games, and it's with them that players can enjoy Dream Catcher, Dragon Tiger, and a progressive jackpot program for side bets. The jackpot seeds at $1 million. Evolution Gaming has a great studio setting as well as giving players the opportunity to interact and chat and their casino floor function is superb gives players access to "dual play" roulette where they can bet against on-site players as well as those playing online.
Types of Bonuses Players can Use to Test Out Live Online Casinos
There are plenty of great live casino bonuses to avail of and some of our recommended sites offer special new player offers for live games.
- Deposit Bonus: This type of bonus works exactly the same as any regular deposit bonus. The only difference is that is tailor for use on live casino games. Some bonuses will only let you play one particular game and the bet amount may be fixed so be sure to go through the bonus terms and conditions first. Some bonuses are more flexible and can be used on all the live games. You receive a percentage match up to a fixed amount the same as you would with a standard casino bonus and there are wagering requirements.
- No Deposit Bonus: The free cash no deposit bonus can often be used to play live games, but you will have to check the terms and conditions carefully and the game contribution percentages as table games usually have a much lower contribution percentage for clearing your bonus wagering requirements.
- Cashback Bonus: This bonus rewards regular players with a percentage back on their losses every month. These tend to have smaller wagering requirements and the T&Cs will specify which games quality for cashback and the maximum amount you can claim.
- Loyalty Program: If you're a regular live casino player and part of the loyalty program you'll be able to use your comp points to play at the tables too.
If you want to test out any of our recommended live dealer sites be sure to check out all the latest bonus codes and exclusive offers, we have listed on our site.